KEEPING IT REAL
- The Baby grabs your coffee off the table and onto your lap.
- You make oatmeal for dinner.
- You buy a Costco pack of paper plates to combat the mass of unwashed dishes cluttering the kitchen. After a week of using paper plates you admit it’s pretty cool…
- The alarm bleeps in your ear. You are faced with two options: sleeping another 10 minutes or getting up to exercise. Bwahahahaha!!
- The three year old asks to help setting the table. You hand her the pizza cutter with a caution that it’s a little sharp. She grabs it, turns heel and races into the next room screaming, “watch out! It’s SHARP!”
- The cool thing about being eternally sleep-deprived is that you can drink caffeine any time to the day and still fall asleep as soon as you hit the pillow.
- Gathering the kids for a group Bible story is sometimes like trying to rake leaves while the wind is blowing.
- When you ask the kids to describe what you just read, they stare blankly for a moment then start spouting appropriate-sounding answers like, “God?” “Jesus?”
- God is good. The only reason for grace throughout the day.
- Friendship is a gift. Friendship that is tested with fire and revives stronger is priceless.
- Your husband takes two whole days at home so you can attend the church’s women’s retreat.
- You overhear one of your children encouraging another with a verse from the Bible.
- No matter how empty the fridge appears, with a little imagination there always seems to be something you can make!
- Some books are like old friends. You share one such book with your kids and delight to find them as captivated by it as you were.
- A simple school lesson sparks a question in the children which turns into an opportunity to dive deeper into the subject which ignites a fire in their souls.
- At the end of the day, it’s not about doing it all, it’s about being faithful to just do the next thing.
What were some of your Real/Grace moments this week?